Blogs are used to share common information, where you can post comments from different users on it. Blog is a common place to make friends who has similar interest as of yours. A blog is called a dairy on internet, which is maintained by particular person by regularly uploading informational entries. It also allows posting comments by the readers. The main challenge every blogger face is to make blogging interesting to attract readers. In this article we will discuss how to make your blog interesting to readers. There are certain rules and regulations to be followed when writing blog.
Choosing a best blogging platform
One important thing you must consider when writing a blog is deciding which platform to use anyhow, using any type of platform you can drive your way but choosing the best platform is how easily and safely you drive your way is all about. This is most important because, there are many blog platforms available out there, you can easily lose. That is why important to pick right platform. It is more annoying when you face problems and need to switch between platform when the blog is up and running. When choosing the blog platform there are some which cost you something and others which do not. Picking up which one it all depends on the purpose you have for your blog.
There are different free blog platforms to choose from they are wordpress, live journal, typepad, goggles blogger. How ever to use them free, platforms will have advertising ads or links on your blog which divert reader away from your blog. In addition these free blog platforms have some limited functionality. If you think to have full customization and don’t have advertising on your blog, then a self hosted blog platform is the best option.
Of the various blog hosting services, they are of three common blog platforms.
- Hosted blog platform: this is the easiest way to start your own blog. It is very much similar to free online service account, where you only require giving your information to get an account for ex: yahoo, hotmail etc. In this type of platform you no need to download any software to run it. You no need to take any responsibility more than writing and managing your posts. The host provider will do everything for you so that no technical skills are required for you to operate blog. Example: wordpress.com –
It is very easy to set up blog through wordpress.com, where the full control of your blog vest with wordpress.com
- Stand alone blog platforms: this type of platform you require to install software or script in you web hosting account. This type of software requires your web server to have PHP or Perl support and database. The advantages of this type of platform are that you have flexibility and control with you. With this you host the blog on your own domain name. You can customize the templates to look and feel as your website through inheriting from your website. Example WordPress.org
WordPress.org is a downloadable platform which allows you to have full control with you. This type of platform is best advisable if you have your own domain name and more you can modify the blog software to suit your needs.
- Hosted blog platform remotely: this type of platform is taken form the better of the two platforms. With this type of platform you create an account with and manage through blog platform website and the results are reflected on your domain name. For this you have to enter your ftp details correctly. Example blogger.com
With blogger.com you can simply create your blog but it requires to login to the account of blogger.com to post the entries on your blog. Blogger.com requires having your domain name where the changes are reflected through the blogger.com.By having domain name to host your blog means you have control over your blog but also you own your blog.
Whichever blog platform you use, remember to select which is free blogging platform and with no ads and links on it.
The first challenge that, every blogger face is to find a topic which is interesting to the readers. Know what topic generally people are speaking about through internet. While surfing try to visit other successful blogs to get an idea about what people are speaking about. With the help of Google trends you can find out the term which is most searched for by the users of net. When you have a topic to work out from the searched terms then start writing.
- Review other blogs: by reviewing other blogs you can find a variety of different content and it also helps you to link back to your site hence, visitor from their site. If these visitors are interested in your blog then they will be continuously visiting your blog hence, continuous readership.
- Find out in newspapers: newspapers are one of the good sources to get an idea to write about, what somebody else may have. This would be great idea, especially when your blog have target audience from your region. This idea may also help you when your topic has geographical audience.
- Allow other people to write on your blog: if you don’t have an idea to write about then allows somebody to write it. You can invite other persons or blogger who have interest in writing or whose passion is writing. Once you are with topic then the next challenge most blogger face is to write an attractive content. Once you choose the topic make sure that you write something specific to the topic. If you are general on the topic, it would cause the readers to lose interest on your writing. A centralized theme blog will assure you of attracting readers to you blog.
- Keep your entries concise and simple: writing up to the point will help you. If you have long entry then break them into paragraphs. Keep in mind that your entries are accessible to the world, some expressions, acronyms slangs are not understood by the people of some countries. So use the expressions and slang which is internationally acceptable.
- Keep it natural: try not to write in formal approach as if you are writing a report. Blog is a way to express your opinion. Writing in formal way can loose your readership.
- Stick to your topic: one important thing to note while writing is you do not go off topic. If you are, then you are boring your readers, therefore you loose your readership.
Writing a successful blog has always been a dream of the blogger. By following the guidelines described above will obviously help you in writing blog.
Choose right SEO plugin for your WordPress blog
Since 2003 WordPress has been offering people with an easy, open source and cost free blogging platform. Being the best and popular blogging tool, WordPress provides the developers the opportunity to create plug-ins to address the millions of users needs. But what are the WordPress plugins? WordPress plugins are predesigned code, which enhance the features and functionality of website or blog. Different plug-ins offer variety of advantages for wordpress users. In this section we will show you the various plugins that can be used to improve the functionality and feel of the website blog.
But why use tohe SEO plugins? Plugins allow you to install the features very easily that allows you to generate huge traffic to your website. The more the visitors you attract to your site the more it becomes useful to users. Here is a list of best free WordPress plugins that you need for quality SEO on your website in 2019:
- All in one SEO pack: These plug in helps your website to rank well in goggle and other search engine. It allows you to format the title of every page, which is most important feature to rank well in search engines. It also automatically generates Meta tags of your posting.
- Akismet: this plug in will help you in moderating comments posted by the user who only want to spam with their website URL’s on the post to get attention to their sites. It is basically a spam network which builds on itself. Whenever spam is encountered on you blog it is updated on the akismet database and it will never trouble you again.
- AdSense manager: this plug in allows you to automatically insert ads into your blog with no intervention. If you were to do manually, it takes more time than it actually with ad sense manager plug in. it automatically generates code and allow ads being placed in the blog.
- OIO publisher: this plugin is called as “ultimate sales platform” and it is cheaper than other alternatives. It cost you $37 one time payment which allows you run your own ads service, where users purchase slots on your blog pages, and ad appear automatically on the page as soon as they pay through PayPal. The user interface of this plug in is very easy to understand. This will allow you run banner ads to text links and if you have any item to sell, then this plug in handles the processing as well.
- WordPress video: this plug in allow you to display the video from most popular video sharing program websites ex: you tube, aniboom, Google video etc.
- WordPress automatic upgrade: this plug in allows you to upgrade the word press which you installed automatically with out hassle free. With the features and usability changing so rapidly you can allow the plug-in to upgrade the word press automatically.
These are some of the plug in that can be used to improve your usability and functionality but the list of plug in continue to grow with advancements in the internet world. We advice you keep updated with the list of plug in to improve your usability and convenience.
Quality Off-Page SEO for your blog (Directory submissions)
A serious approach to promoting your websites in the search engines to improve the chances of it being found and visited by the right type of visitors will usually include a number of methods.
As well as On-Page Seo,there are the Off-Page methods which should be a continuous process for the reason that the search engines change how they rank sites from time to time so you need to see search engine optimization as a long term strategy and be ready to adjust things accordingly when necessary.
While some web marketers like to jump into the latest methods, often without knowing whether they will work yet, there are the tried and tested approaches to building backlinks that have been around for a few years and one of those is the use of web directories.
When i say use, im referring to submitting your websites to web directories.
What makes a web directory an attractive choice for building backlinks is that they are categorized and human edited so the fact that you can get your website listed in a category that has or will have sites that are very similar in topic to yours is very helpful.
Because a human editor is dealing with your submission, it means that your submitted website might even be placed in a more suitable category to provide maximum benefit for your website, both as a backlink and also because of the relevance to the other sites in that category.
Although each directory has its own submission guidelines and various offerings in place, its quite common for a regular listing to be a permanent listing for your website and this is something that should not be underestimated for its long term benefit for your website.
As a web directory ages it will gain trust in the large search engines like google and yahoo and this is where you can often take advantage of getting your websites listed as early as possible, getting your foot in the door and establishing your website’s presence in the directories.
Web directories are tried, tested and trusted and the use of them is always part of a good web marketers organized plan who understands that they are a steady and secure way to gain valuable backlinks, increased serps and trust for your websites.
So thats all you need to know to became a successful Blogger. I hope this guide will help you to earn some extra money online ! If you have any question or suggestions, feel free to place a comment below ! Thanks